Principles of a healthy lifestyle
Our long-term health is 80% dependent on our lifestyle (food, exercise, rest, optimism,…). The remaining 20% is related to heredity, environment and healthcare. While there are many aspects to lifestyle, in simple terms it is the sum of all the individual choices people make in living their lives.
The most important principles of a healthy lifestyle include:
1) Don’t smoke!
2) Plays sports, exercise and enjoy movement.
3) Respect the principles of proper nutrition (reasonable amounts, varied, balance).
4) Maintain a healthy body weight.
5) Drink only limited amounts of alcohol.
6) Give your body enough time to rest (relaxation, sleep).
7) Maintain an optimistic outlook.
8) Surround yourself with positive people, smile at them and foster good relationships with family and friends.
9) Avoid dangerous substances and general risk factors.
10) Take care of yourself and fulfil your dreams.
Once you begin to respect these principles of a healthy lifestyle you can expect the following positive results:
1) A proper body weight.
2) Normal blood pressure and lower blood cholesterol levels.
3) Improved physical condition.
4) Greater immunity to disease.
5) Greater joy from life.
6) Stronger and better relationships with family and friends.
7) Physical well-being.